|What is required to be successful in your home business? Before we can answer, you must understand what "success" means and what common characteristics successful people have. If you are reading this article, you probably want to be successful and possess a strong sense of perseverance which will pay off in achieving your dreams. |
The truth is that only a small percentage of people will ever achieve their full potential, and those who do are the ones who persevere toward their goals.
Success isn't something you chase. It's something you have to put forth the effort for constantly. Then maybe it'll come when you least expect it. Most people don't understand that. -- Michael Jordan
Success is generally looked upon as achieving favorable results and gaining wealth and/or fame, but you must realize that success is different for each individual. For some, a yearly income of a few thousand dollars would be a success, but for another individual it may be several hundred thousand dollars. Whatever your definition of success is, there are several personal characteristics that are common denominators among successful people.
Goals are an important factor in realizing success. Without goals that are realistic, how can you know when your success level has been reached? Successful people set goals for their home business, and perseverance of these goals pays off. Goals should be specific, realistic, measurable, time related and attainable. Your goals can be changed as often as necessary until you reach your ultimate goal, and it will happen if you persevere. Completing your tasks one at a time and then moving on makes the task easier and you can see immediate results.
If you want your home business to be successful, the following facts, tips and words of encouragement can help you achieve your dreams if you try hard and understand that "perseverance pays off" when starting your home business.
1. Here are some facts about a well-known man who realized that perseverance pays off by overcoming the odds and finally achieving his goals: Beginning at age 31 up until age 60, this man failed in business twice, was defeated in legislative races twice, survived the death of a sweetheart, suffered a nervous breakdown, lost three congressional races, lost two senatorial races, one vice presidential race and was finally elected President of the United States at age 60. That man was Abraham Lincoln. His fighting spirit epitomizes the word perseverance!
"If all else fails perserverance prevails"--Unknown
The first step toward attaining success is understanding how to persevere and acquire some of the traits that successful people share.
2. Passion - Successful people have a driving force that pushes them forward and sets them apart. They have a desire and energy that drives them to reach their potential, which is an inherent part of their personality. This particular trait can be learned and acquired if you weren't born with it. They keep their goals in mind 24 hours a day. The passion within these individuals is deeply rooted and will sustain them through the hard times so they can reach their objectives. Failure is not an option.
3. Belief - Most successful people will tell you that you can succeed if you think you can and are willing to work toward that success, but to do so you must have realistic goals and believe in yourself. Even in the face of adversity, you must persevere and continually strive to accomplish each task on your way to success.
4. Strategy - A good strategy, or game plan, can make or break you. You should have a workable strategy that will give your projects direction and that point you to success. Designing a good strategy will help you achieve your objectives and overcome all obstacles along the way.
5. Energy - Without the vitality, enthusiasm and perseverance to be a mover and shaker, it will be very hard for your home business to succeed. Success is a by-product of mental, physical and spiritual energy that urges us on toward achieving our goal. You can if you think you can!
"There are but two roads that lead to an important goal and to the doing of great things: strength and perseverance. Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time." -- Goethe
Copyright © Ian Canaway
(Feel free to use this article online and in your email newsletters as long as you leave it intact and do not alter it in anyway. The by-line and resource box must remain in the article.)
Ian Canaway is a home business entrepreneur and the owner of http://www.asuccesfullhomebusiness4u.com and also a home business blog at http://www.ahomebusinessblog4u.blogspot.com; providing high quality information and resources.
Free At Home Businesses That Are Really Free
You probably don’t believe there are really any opportunities for a free at home business when you think about starting a business. Well, the good news is that you’re wrong! Ideas for free at home work are everywhere—if you know where to look. And...
Home Based Business; Quick, Easy Money...And Pigs Will Fly
Here come those flying pigs! Does it ever end? I've been involved with Internet-based home businesses for some time and I continue to be exposed to a seemingly endless barrage of offers (all costing me money, of course) claiming to be "the...
Why One Should Chose A Network Marketing Home Based Business
There are many advantages for having one's own business but I believe a network marketing home business has to be the crème de la crème. Network marketing above any other online business will continue creating the most online entrepreneurs. Firstly...